Behind-the-scenes looks at businesses in any industry tend to be eye-opening learning experiences. In the beer industry, though, they’re even better: they’re eye-opening learning experiences AND you get to taste the beer. Last week, I took a brewery tour at Parallel 49 Brewing Company. I was impressed with the vast knowledge of Lead Brewer, Danny Seeton, and took away a handful of flooring facts about P49 that are definitely worth sharing:
Parallel 49 Brewing Company Fact Sheet
- Parallel 49 is only 3 years old.
- Parallel 49 has been Canada’s fastest growing brewery for the past 2 years.
- There are 50 employees at P49.
- Parallel 49 pumps out approximately 10 000 litres of beer per day and 36 million litres of beer per year.
- Functioning at mass capacity, P49 once produced 40 000 litres of beer in a 28 hour time period.
- The brewery has the capacity to run for 24 hours a day.
- 3 Head Brewers of other Vancouver breweries were trained under Parallel 49’s Head and Lead Brewers.
Cheers to P49!
And their variety of barley (which we sampled…)
We drank a couple of brews right from the tanks!
And can confirm that the pumpkin Schadenfreude beer we told you about is on its way…
Connect with Van Pours!
Get in touch! Let’s go for a pint and/or like each other’s stuff on Instagram. Are you a local brewery? Craft beer enthusiast? Event planner? Media savvy blog guru? Beer nerd? Give us a shout, we are happy to hear from you.
Instagram/Twitter: @vanpours or use #pouroftheday to share what you’re drinking with us